Court Street Fair and BBQ Cook-Off
October 12FREE TO THE PUBLIC
Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 12, 2019, when Downtown Clinton’s largest annual event will take place — the Annual Court Square Street Fair and Barbecue Cook-Off. This year marks the 31st year of the event, and thanks to our growing constellation of partners, this year’s event will be the biggest and best yet!
Events and Things to Do
- Barbecue Cook-Off –Hogs will be delivered the night before and teams will spend the night preparing and cooking for the day’s competition
- Arts Activities — the Sampson County Arts Council will host a variety of arts activities in the park neighboring the “Milling Around” art installation.
- Car Show — the Ol’ Lightning Rods Antique Car Show will be held at the Clinton City Market on Lisbon Street. Participants may register their cars until Noon at the City Market on the day of the event. Oldies 1170 AM will be broadcasting live from the car show with Bob Stroud and the Boogies Shoes Network.
- Museum Day — The Sampson County History Museum, located on Lisbon Street, will offer a variety of free demonstrations and exhibits to fair-goers from 10 am until 3 pm.
- Live Music — There will be live local music on the square at the intersection of College and Main Streets.