2022 Christmas Parade Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
If you would like to have multiple parade entries, please fill out SEPARATE applications. Chamber Members: Please log into your account to see the Members Only options!
* Please note the Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce Christmas Parade is a FUNDRAISER for our organization. The Chamber is a non-profit member supported 501c(6) organization. Thanks for supporting our Business Community! *
Santa Claus: The Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce will secure Santa Claus for the parade. No other Santa will be allowed to participate in the parade.
▪ Absolutely NO Candy may be distributed from any entry other than the Chamber (Santa Claus) float.
▪ ALL entries must be decorated in a Christmas theme and should play Christmas music only.
▪ Absolutely NO Horses or Motorcycles ALLOWED in Parade. Also, NO Revving of Engines, Reckless Driving or Burnouts allowed in Parade. If this does take place, the individual, business/organization will not be able to enter future parades. All drivers of an ATV must be at least 25 years old or have submitted documentation with the application of the completion of ATV Safety Course and present valid driver’s license at check-in. No one under the age of 18 can drive an ATV in the parade. Any passenger riding must ride behind the driver and no children under the age of 12 may ride due to safety protocols. Both Riders and Drivers of an ATV must wear a helmet and goggles—no exceptions.
▪ All professional floats should note on the application the exact way the organization/company name is to be displayed on the float (under Organization). Anyone wanting/needing a sponsor must obtain their own sponsor. The Chamber does not help with or provide sponsors.
▪ All homemade float entries must be decorated in a Christmas holiday theme. All banners must be neatly lettered and easily legible. All entries using electrical devices must adhere to generally accepted electrical standards. (e.g. All electrical devices must be properly grounded.) The float should be no larger than 12’ x 24’, and no decorations and/or float construction material may protrude from the side of the float. All floats must have a handhold or stand-up hold for each rider on the float. Each float must have a spotter beside the float.
▪ Only Chamber Member businesses may sponsor a marching band entry. The Chamber will provide banners for such businesses with their company logo. The sponsorship includes the cost of the banner. Banners, which will be made of durable plastic, may become the property of the sponsoring business to use during the year.
Line-Up: Christmas parade line-up begins at 8:00 a.m. Report to the Sampson County Agri-Exposition Center (414 Warsaw Road) to receive line-up instructions and an identification number. All traffic will be blocked starting at 9:00 am. (Car clubs with multiple vehicles must check in at registration together to be grouped together in parade order)
Route: Please be aware of the route for the Christmas Parade, please see attached map. Entries will depart from the Agri-Exposition Center on Warsaw Road. The parade starting point will be at the Clinton City Schools Administrative Offices (Old College Street School) and will go through downtown Clinton and around the courthouse on the Vance Street side. The parade will continue down Fayetteville Street turning left onto Chestnut Street and then left onto West Main Street. The parade will continue down Main Street making a right onto Lisbon Street. The official parade route ends at the Clinton City Market; however, floats and entries are NOT permitted to unload at this point. Marching units may exit at this point, but ALL other entries must continue down Lisbon Street to return to the Agri-Exposition Center.
DO NOT EXIT THE PARADE ROUTE UNTIL THE END OF THE UNLOAD POINT, WHICH IS AT THE SAMPSON COUNTY AGRI-EXPOSITION CENTER.
WAIVER OF CLAIM: (MUST BE SIGNED BY PARTICIPANT)
I/We do hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce and the City of Clinton and their respective officers, agents, members and employees of any sponsoring organizations and underwriters, individually or collectively, from all fines, penalties, liabilities, losses, claim, damages and expenses including court costs and attorney’s fees, incurred or suffered as a result of or relating to my/our participation in the event known as the “Clinton Christmas Parade”. I/We also understand that our entry category cannot be changed past the deadline. I have thoroughly read the Rules and Regulations and understand no reckless driving, revving of engines or burnouts are allowed. If this occurs, I understand that myself or my business/organization will not be allowed to enter in future parades.